Lament and mourn the horrific events and aftermath of the terrorist attacks and war (Matthew 5:4; Romans 12:15).
- Pray over the recent widows, widowers, and orphans, parents who lost their children, splintered and homeless families, and others who lost loved ones and are grieving.
Pray for anyone in Israel and Gaza caught in the crossfires of the war (John 14:27; Romans 10:13).
- Pray for lives to be spared and terrorism to end.
- Pray that people will cry out to God and experience His supernatural peace and salvation.
Pray for Israel’s leaders (Psalm 20:7).
- Pray for wisdom for all decision-makers who are trying to protect the innocent, save lives, and bring about justice.
- Pray that Israel’s leaders would have sharp minds and godly wisdom.
- Pray that Israel’s leaders will not put all their trust in their military might but call on the name of the Lord for protection.
Pray against false narratives (Isaiah 54:17).
- Pray that the Lord would shut every lying tongue that would seek to justify this violence and carnage against Israel and the Jewish people.
- Pray that the pro-Palestinian protests around the world will fizzle.
Pray for Israel’s soldiers and military leaders (Zechariah 10:5).
- Pray that God would protect Israel’s soldiers and military leaders, including the many believers in Jesus who are serving.
- Pray that military leaders will make the best decisions for the nation in confronting Hamas, Hezbollah, and other Iranian-backed terror militias threatening Israel.
- Pray for wisdom, strength, and a sharp mind for every solder.
Pray for the hostages in Gaza.
- Pray for the men, women, and children taken captive in Gaza. Pray for protection over their minds, hearts, and bodies.
- Pray that no additional harm would come to the hostages from the captors.
- Pray for the safe return of all hostages.
- Pray for wisdom and resolve among Israel’s leaders and military to be able to make the best decisions for how to rescue the hostages.
- Pray for the special ops units brought in to deal with the hostage situation. Pray for their protection as they enter Gaza and supernatural wisdom.
Pray for Israel’s enemies (Matthew 5:44; Psalm 83).
- Pray for God’s mighty hand of restraint against Hamas in Gaza and Hezbollah in Lebanon and Syria.
- Pray that things quickly deescalate in the north.
- Pray for those leaders and individuals set on destroying Israel as a nation, that God would supernaturally meet them and cause them to repent and turn from their evil ways.
Pray that God will protect the Jewish people and that many will turn to the Lord in this time of trouble.
- Pray Psalm 121 over the Jewish people, both in the Land and abroad, that they will be shielded from any harm and lone-wolf assignments arising from within the Arab and Muslim communities: “Behold, He who keeps (guards) Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. … The Lord is your keeper; the Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul.”
- Pray Deuteronomy 1:30 over the Jewish people: “The Lord your God, who goes before you, He will fight for you, according to all He did for you in Egypt before your eyes.”• Pray 2 Chronicles 20:17 over the Jewish people: “You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you.”
- Pray Isaiah 54:17 over the Jewish people, that no weapon formed against them shall prosper.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6–9).
- Ultimately, pray for the peace of the only city in the world God has placed His name and to where our Lord Jesus Christ will return: Jerusalem.
Join Us In Prayer
Donate to help
The International Christian Embassy Jerusalem has been based in Jerusalem for the past 40 years, providing comfort and aid to Israeli citizens. Your funds help all Israeli people with such things as:
- Food and basic necessities
- Equipment for first response teams and soldiers
- Trauma-related needs (this is HUGE)
- Ambulances in the south
- Renovating underground and communal bomb shelters across the country
- Rebuilding (helping families who have lost their homes)
- Civilian helmets and bullet-proof vests
Donate To The Israel Emergency Aid Fund today